VPN through PPP

Hi all,

This is probably not the right place for this question, but maybe someone can help me out. I am trying to setup a VPN between two private addresses, using iproute2 (which is my only excuse for mailing this list).

The setup is as below :
eth0 ppp0 Wireless ppp0 eth0

192.168.200.202 192.168.94.134 <-----> 192.168.94.132 192.168.2.200

Both eth0 (strictly ixp1) and ppp0's are on wireless boards that we make.

I have basically followed the VPN Howto and done the following :

ip tunnel add net0 mode gre remote 192.168.2.200 local 192.168.200.202 ttl 255 dev ppp0
 ip link set net0 up
 ip addr add 192.168.200.202 dev net0
 ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev net0

I have tried various combinations of the above, using the ppp IP address for remote and the eth0 for local, etc, etc. (4 possible combinations).

I do the reverse on the other end of the tunnel, but do not see any traffic over this lot. I am able to ping and ssh between the two wireless boxes.

I do have a firewall, configured to do NAT on the PPP interface. I have also tried excluding the destination addresses from being NAt'd but this didn't make any difference.

Best regards
Steve Comfort