Re: How would this help my LAN / network

On Friday 07 October 2005 18:28, Brent Clark wrote:
> So my question is, for the following rules, would these increase my
> browsing / traffic, and if so, how.

I use something similar in my script... but it's useless to change TOS by
itself, because this setting is pretty much ignored everywhere. So
changing TOS alone won't do anything.

However, if you're using this together with some scheduler that uses the
TOS setting to classify packets (like PRIO qdisc), it can for example
affect the order in which the packets are going out the net.

HTH
Andreas