Re: Re:Does HTB consider PRIO or not? 3

On Thursday 29 September 2005 07:44, Oleg R. wrote:
> Hello again! Well, i should maybe post everything related to this
> problem. The class 1:3 which has rate as its father 1:2, just because it
> is the traffic between the local network and the server itself. I have
> some services like mail, http, samba which I want to be accessed from
> local net at  maximum speed. Now when you know the details,  could this
> be the real problem ?

I don't know if that's the only problem, but I think it's a problem. Unless
you really know and understand what HTB is doing when the children class
rate exceed parent class rate, you shouldn't do that.

> Its interesting, did anyone configure the prio in htb and it
> worked..??

So far I didn't notice anything odd about prio (but I admit, I was not
using it much). I prefer to set appropriate rates instead.

> Andreas, how did you create such a descriptive image..is there a tool or
> something??

Using this perl script: http://www.metamorpher.de/files/tc-graph.pl.txt
Based on Stef Coene's show.pl which you can get from www.docum.org
This script already managed to cause kernel panics on some systems, so
please use it at your own risk only.

It parses output from tc (I just used the output you sent instead), and
creates a graph definition in dot format, which can be rendered to an
image using the program 'dot' from the GraphViz package which you can get
here: http://www.graphviz.org/

Regards,
Andreas