Upcoming maintenance, fixes, apologies, wiki

Hi everybody,

As you may have noticed, the HOWTO is getting stale, you can't subscribe to
the mailinglist and a lot of messages sent to it aren't getting through.

I apologise for this.

If all goes well I'll get my driver's license this Tuesday, which will allow
me to visit the server, which I can't easily reach right now.

I'll add memory and upgrade the storage. The root cause of our problems are
the filling up of the disks each morning because of dspam and htdig resource
exhaustion.

In the meantime, I've disabled a lot of non-lartc.org functionality on the
server and am working on restoring (again) the mailing list.

When the mailing list is back up, I'll start working on the wiki. What I'd
like best is to have a wiki *in addition* to the boring static document, and
move the good stuff from the wiki to the static document every once in a
while.

Ideas?

Thanks,

bert