Re: HOWTO unmaintained?

I wonder if someone would host a mediawiki and consider uploading the documentation there. This would make it easier for people to contribute, and I think it shold be fairly easy to convert from it's current format to a wiki

Good idea, I'll see if the OSDL will put up a wiki for it
on developer.osdl.org, stay tuned.

Can I suggest that you look very hard at Mediawiki (ie as per wikipedia). It's built for scalability, is really easy to edit, very actively maintained, and has all the distributed stuff built in if you really needed to spread the load over several machines. All in all a very grown up documentation tool. Oh and it's also multi-lingual so it might also be possible to use it to help with the translation issues

I mainly mentioned it because I'm sure there are some tools for converting the current lartc faq up to the wiki format and obviously that's the first main step.

If someone will host it then I have some experience maintaining a mediawiki site and could probably help out some

Ed w