Too slow computer?

Hello! I've put some questions on this list some weeks
ago and I've got good answers. Thank you!
Now I've finished my (beautyful) script and I ran it
on my router...
About my script:
It routes packages based on their destination on the
Internet. I have about 1650 preffered destination
networks listed in some file. The script read this
file and marks every package for those networks with
the mark value of 1.
Then, I've built the classes: 1:0 is the HTB qdisc;
1:1 is for unmarked packets and 1:2 is for marked
packets. 1:FF is the default class, and has as parent
the 1:0 qdisc.
1:1 is divided in 1:10 for two LAN networks
192.168.101.0/24 and 10.0.0.0/24 attached to eth1 and
eth2 respectivly. eth0 is attached to my ISP.
1:11 is a class for two IPs sharing the same
bandwidth.
1:12 is a class for one IP.

When I shape the traffic for eth0, eth1 and eth2 the
console is unuseable (is too slow). I think that
marking and matching those packets takes all the
available CPU cycles (the kernel has the biggest
priority over the CPU). Another thing that's going on
here: I test the router with only one station attached
to eth1 and eth2 alternativly. I should have a speed
of (at least) 10Mbit with the networks listed in my
network list and I have a maximum of 3.2Mbit (class
1:2). In the 1:1 class I have maximum speed allowed.

Another question: How can I build the mark value?
I need to mark the packets based on two criteria. My
theoretic solution was to assign bit #1 to be set if
the packet matches the first criteria and bits #2 & #3
should indicate 4 situations (00,01,10 and 11). Is
there any way to set a packet's mark bits additively
in two places of my script?