Re: internet traffic from tbf

Alaios wrote:
Hi have set the following tbf tc qdisc add dev eth0 root tbf rate 0.5mbit \
burst 5kb latency 70ms peakrate 1mbit \
minburst 1540

 I want to add a filter so the ip traffic pass from
it.. plz help me

That will shape all traffic leaving eth0 as it is.

If you mean that you don't want to shape arp or other traffic aswell as ip then you will need to add PRIO as root so you can use filters and add tbf to one of the PRIO classes.

TBF tends to tweak the parameters you pass to it so it's best to check what you got after adding it and modify your settings. eg with the above I see -

tc -s -d qdisc ls dev eth0
qdisc tbf 8007: rate 500000bit burst 5Kb/8 mpu 0b peakrate 1000Kbit mtu 1539b/8 mpu 0b lat 39.2ms

note the latency.