Re: Routing for multiple uplinks/providers problem.

Nelson

Not been having any problems with incoming DNAT

I'm using a bit different solution.
Noticed that the returning packets wanted to head for the correct interface probably because of conntracking stuff. Problem was they would be routed then the correct interface to whatever one was the default.

What I basically added rules that said if it's from an interfaces ip go out that interface.
This is the setup for one of the isp interfaces:
 IP="24.196.120.30"
 NET="24.196.120.28"
 LENGTH=30
ROUTER="24.196.120.29"
 BRD="24.196.120.31"
ip link set $IFACE  up
ip addr flush dev $IFACE
ip addr add $IP/$LENGTH brd $BRD dev $IFACE
ip rule add prio 201 from $NET/$LENGTH table isp2
ip route add default via $ROUTER dev $IFACE src $IP proto static  table isp2
ip route append prohibit default table isp2 metric 1 proto static
# call something to fixup default route
  /etc/network/defroute

Doing some simular tricks to get ipsec vpn works outgoing from the firewall.

 IP="192.168.2.254"
 NET="192.168.2.0"
 LENGTH=24
 BRD="192.168.2.255"
ip link set $IFACE  up
ip addr flush dev $IFACE
ip addr add $IP/$LENGTH brd $BRD dev $IFACE
#next is to make sure local 192.168. goes via eth0
ip rule delete  prio 200 table 220
ip route del table 200
ip route add 192.168.0.0/16 via $IP dev $IFACE table 200
ip rule add prio 200 table 200

Nelson Castillo wrote:

I think I said something wrong in my last message.
You DNAT incoming packets and then SNAT them when
they come back if your Linux router has some server behind it.
I don't know if this is your case (having servers behind the router).

(I needed to top-post here --- maybe not).