RE: what is "tcp window size" ?

Querying google for "tcp window size" returns some links. I
don't know the recommended values and I don't know either
if you can play with this value in linux, or if it is wise.
There is built-in flow control in the TCP protocol and it
adjusts the window size according to your available
bandwidth. Obviously, the bigger, the better, but if more
data arrives than can be accepted, it will be discarded and
retransmission will be necessary. On the other side, if the
window is set too small, the same information is
transmitted using more segments when maybe it could be
transmitted using fewer segments.