Re: Qos wiht HTB for ADSL/Home

On Saturday 30 July 2005 18:03, ddaas wrote:
> 4) If your are in my situation (ADSL – for home), what is your htb
> configuration?

http://www.metamorpher.de/fairnat/

It's for a Linux gateway/router and more than one user though.  HTB is used
to divide bandwidth between users, and PRIO for prioritization of
different traffic types per user. There's also another setup that uses HTB
only (Wondershaper style), but I never really used that one myself.

I've tried my best to make the script easy to understand, with
documentation for each function and such. Quite a few people who didn't
use this script directly still found it useful as an example.

There are still a lot of things that need improvements, naturally.
Unfortunately, I'll move out of the flat I was living in soon, due to
switching Universities. And my new home won't have a shared DSL line
anymore, so I will no longer have the means to further develop and test
the script.

> 5)Does it worth configuring policing for inbound traffic (with imq)?

In my case, yes, it was. Not only worth it, but absolutely necessary.

HTH
Andreas