TOS in IP Header set to Minimize-Dealay - no difference

Hi I have a 1024/128 ADSL connection.
I wanted to test the TOS field in IP Header.

So I started aMule and let it use the whole upstream (16KB).

Then I did: #iptables -A OUTPUT -t mangle -p tcp --dport 22 -j TOS --set-tos Minimize-Dellay (like here: http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.interactive-prio.html)

Then I ssh to one of my server on the Internet. The delay was awful. I could use it...

So, It seams that the tos field of the iP header has no influence in prioritizing of my outgoing traffic !! Why? Did I miss something?

Thanks,
ddaas