Re: [LARTC] HTB: ¿how do burst/cburst work exactly?

: : Also, could you give me an advice or reference on the following?
: : I need a child class to allow passage to a video stream that I
: : KNOW has mean X kbps and seldom peaks of Y kbps and T seconds.
: : Would the best way be to just configure mean=X, ceil=Y? Or should
: : I configure mean=ceil=X and calculate a cburst that´ll allow
: : passage of the peaks? Or maybe a third option.
:
: I cannot recommend an optimal calculation method, though I would
: start with X kbps as the rate and Y kbps * T as the burst.  After
: that, I'd increase rate and decrease burst until there was no
: choppiness in the transmitted video stream.

Would in that scenario ceil=rate or ceil=Y kbps? It seems to me that if ceil=rate, then there´s no use in having a burst bucket, or is there?
Thanks again,
Florencio