Re: HTB Rate and Prio

Kirk Reiser wrote:
I don't quite understand this problem with bit torrent.  When I start
bittorrent with it's max_upload_rate to a value less than my total up
link bandwidth it doesn't get in the way of anything at all as far as
I can tell.

  Kirk

Not all network administrators have your luck. :-)
The problem is when you can't control the workstations, and the users can use this kind of network-unfriendly software (that try to "steal" the other software or users bandwidth)

I believe that it is important in a network the user's perception of "the network speed", basically in all the interactive traffic. I dont know the existence of a framework to model the user perception, which will allow to take measures of this kind of parameters. I'm not talking about delays, jitter, etc, but about the user's perception, and how the user's perception can be enhanced.

Regards,
Francisco.