Re: Question regarding HTB

> Vlad LUPESCU wrote:
>
> Ok,
> So I am from Romania where we have this tiny problem. The IP clases
> are split in 2: metropolitan and extern (worldwide). We have 2 types
> of guaranteed band: metro and extern.

Sorry if I sound gruff, but please use the resources.

Is your google broken?  Are the LARTC mailing list archives not
available?  This has been "through the mill" in this mailing list at
least twice before.  Romania has user groups, so check them out too.  If
you ask nicely, you'll probably get someone else's hard won solution for
the asking.

Since I had no interest, I paid no attention as to how (or even whether
or not) it was solved; IIRC basically it boils down to marking packets
and then either forcing them to use a specific interface or using the
mark to put traffic into a specific flow for shaping.  I believe that
one user got a list of metro IPs from his ISP; regardless, your ISP
knows what is metro and what is not, so you should be able to use the
same method to determine what to mark.  http://metropolitana.loginet.ro/

Squid has also been put to some very clever uses; read recent (May 2005)
postings to this list to see if there is anything there for you.
--
gypsy