Re: where s filtering done?

filtering is done right at the place where your packet leaves qdisc
and gets read to go out of the outbound interface. Before a packet
leaves the interface it is requested from the qdisc where it is
residing. As it traverses the virtual tree in the qdisc it checks what
filters are attached to that packet and applies those filter and then
lets them out.
The link below might a give a clear picture of how traffic control works
http://www.mnis.fr/en/support/doc/rtos/x1252.html

Kiruthika