Re: HTB and HTTP latency

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:27:49 -0500 Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi.

>Has anybody experienced problems with HTB and latency?
>
>The case is: I'm allocating traffic for HTTP traffic. It seems more
>responsive without using HTB.
Although in the past I indeed had problems with latency quite often, it always
turned out  that the problem was not in HTB. Traffic control is a complex topic
and to find the real reason why something behaves as it does is often difficult
and the results counter-intuitive, especially when several unrelated computers
share the same line. I am almost 100% sure the cause in your case is in
something else you are overlooking (perhaps wrong burst size, quantum size or
not the "right" queueing discipline is used)

>Regards,
>Nelson.-
Yours sincerely,
Peter