Shaping incoming bandwidth

Hello Everyone,

i'm having problem in limiting bandwith on my external interface in the server.

i'm having a network here which is online via a linux server with cbq compiled in kernel.

i'm having eth0 as internal network card,
eth 1 as external network card

my internet bandwith line is 8kbps on eth1
i want to limit this 8kbps to 4kbps at eth1 and  no shaping on eth0

i tried earlier this with cbq.init script... but all in vain.....

i don wanna compile kernel for htb support...

i think i wud have to use tc and ingress qdisc....

can anyody help with the commands....

help out .....

--
Regards