Re: TC, HTB, and multiple qdiscs

Zane C. B. wrote:
Here is what I am trying to do... I want to set it up so any traffic
coming or going to a specific host is ran through 3 HTBs. Two of the
HTBs are for limiting incoming and out going and I want them to then
dump the traffic into the third for limiting overall bandwidth for that
host.

So do you want to limit it so that a host has say 128k when just uploading or just downloading but 64k each way if doing both at the same time.

 I have been using tc filter to put it into the HTBs for incoming
and out going, but am having problems getting it to then dump that into
the one for overall bandwidth.

Normally htb sees the traffic just before it goes out - so you can't then send it anywhere else.

Depending on what you want to do you may be able to use imq to achieve this.

Another thing I have been wondering as well is this, if I give a packet
a prio using the filter

prios on filters just affect the order they get tested, if you mean will the flow/classid get carried on then no I don't think so.

, will it keep that as it passes through other
HTBs?

Iptables CLASSIFY will work like this with imq.

Andy.