GRED queuing discipline with grio

Hi,

In the GRED queueing discipline of linux traffic control, we can
define around 16 Virtual Queues with different RED parameters for each
one of these. As far as I think, while applying RED on each of the
virtual queues, with the grio option set, quave(the average queue
length) of a virtual queue with priority= n is given by the sum of the
virtual queues with priority greater than n ... I have the following
questions :
1. Is my understanding correct ?
2. What if I set the priority of two virtual queues as equal ?
3. If I want that the Average queue length being used before dropping
a packet should be equal to the sum of the average queue length of all
the virtual queues, where would i have to make changes in the source
code ... ie, just making changes in sch_gred.c would suffice or I have
to make changes to some other files also ...

Rahul
--
Rahul Hari
Senior Under Grad. Student,