how to configure linux in production line

I am new in linux world,basically I'm using red hat 9
kernel 2.4.20-8. I need to build a trusted gateway. my
linux box will be the gateway for several machine PCs
to go to the desired server. there will be several
subnets under the linux box, I've already assigned
static IPs for the PCs . Now my problem is I only need
2 PCs from each subnets to connect to certain servers,
and those 2 PCs can only have transaction(open) to the
specified servers, for others it will
drop(firewalled). for other PCs, they can't log on to
the outside world. should I use only iptable rules or
with the help of squid(ACL) as well ? please add up
the commands as well. Thanks.