Re: problem with the "arp" command (using the pub flag)

I've monitored the status of the arp table using
"arp -n"
and
"cat /proc/net/arp"
at the same time (for a long time, every 1 second).

The strange thing that I have found is that sometimes, in the "arp -n", the publishing entry (P flag) is missing, while in the "cat /proc/net/arp" it is always present. I have no idea why it happens, but I suppose (and hope :)) that if the entry is present in the "cat /proc/net/arp" output then the arp proxy behavious is ok.

Is it right?

Antonio

Arkadiusz Binder wrote:
and what shows #ip ro sh cache
?
It might be that you have not arp of some host who respond for icmp and arp's in case of some recieved icmp redirect packet.