Dynamic bridging

Hi,

I have two transparent bridges on either side of a WAN connection. What I'd like to do is utilize the full 1.5Mb/s on the WAN without creating spikes and drops for my audio stream. The approach at this point has been to limit each bridge in sending 750kbit/s through to the other bridge so we get the 1.5Mb total.

The downside is after reserving 200kbit/s for my audio stream this leaves only 550kbit/s download for the people at my co-lo which becomes frustratingly slow with WinXP file sharing. I would change the balance in favour of the co-lo in receving 700kbit/s and the LAN receiving 400kbit from the co-lo but it creates problems when I need the bandwidth to administer the co-lo.

So is there any way for my bridges to talk to each other and dynamically share the bandwidth to get the highest utilization?

I was thinking of changing my filters so that all of the audio goes into one queue which has a reserved rate and all traffic go to a second queue which doesn't have a rate set. The only setback there is if the second queue saturates the pipe and I get a global synchronizing of all packets going through the WAN causing my audio to drop.

The main thing is getting the most out of the WAN when I need the bandwidth by making my audio work without drops and my co-lo users not feel like they've been thrown into the dark-ages of low-speed internet at less-than-dial-up speeds.