Re: Terrible problem, some men in my net changed their MACs! :/

Sylvain wrote:
2 possible solutions:

- check the router's ability to map a port to a mac, and detect changes on
oe port
- have a script check the dhcp log file to report windows netbios name
change on the same IP/MAC

Second solution is hard to do... no everyone my users uses DHCP.
It is not a problem sniff IP and correct MAC, and use it.

My network it's a Wireless LAN with only several computers on cable.

First solution need from me some costs. And sometimes there no diferrents between users.

--

How can I check operating system and netbios name in different way?
Are more possible differences between computers in network (with the same MAC and IP)?

How can I find out, that IP is being doubled?

--
Thanks for all replies :P

Lenthir