tcng and rule set reloads

I'm considering using tcng for compiling a set of HTB bandwidth
allocations, which may change now and then, due to new users, etc. There
may be a simple web front-end to change the allocations. All allocations
are done by subnets, no complicated rules involving matching on ports.

My questions are:

1. Is there any disruption to the running HTB if a new set of actions is
loaded, after deleting the current set with the first line of

tc qdisc del dev eth0X root

2. If there is a disruption, it is possible to postprocess the generated
actions so that only subtrees are affected. I'm thinking of a simple
approach of grepping for the various handles and sending the outputs to
various files where they will be compared with the previous output and
the file is not loaded if there has been no change.