Re: Traffic shaping problem

Szluka Peter wrote:
Dear all, I am a newbie, so excuse me if I ask stupid things.
I have a proxy server with 2 nic, a subnet for wireless lan (with DHCP),
and I would like to limit up/download speed to every client, who is
connected to this network.
After reading howto I think the only one solution is to create classes
for all possible hosts, with 1024k limits (for one client) and I create
rules to assign classes to IP addresses.
(class 1:1=match 192.168.0.2, class1:2=match 192.168.0.3, etc.)
It means that I have to create 254 (one C class) classes, I'm afraid
that there will be too mutch rules. Is there any other solution?

Depends on your hardware - 254 is not that high.

You can make the filtering alot more efficient by hashing -

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.adv-filter.hashing.html

Andy.