RE: Need some help

Hi..

> Hi all, I have read the larc howto and I need to apply a traffic shaper
> with this configuration:
>

> router / two interface etho and eth1
>
> lan
>
> lan is on eth1 and on eth0 I've the dsl connection (1.2 Mbit / 256 kbit)

Thats most common config.. (same as mine)

> I need to limit the bandwith towards lan and I've thought at HTB and
> tcng. I write the script belove. I want limit the p2p and ftp (ssh and
> irc) connection at 15 kBps (128 kbps) and the other type of traffic at
> 32 kBps (256kbps). Is the script right?
> Moreover I want understand better how htb work: I can shape the traffic
> router->lan but I can't shape traffic lan->router, is it right? In this
> way I can limit the bandwidht towards lan, but I have the bandwith
> towards router always full.

You can shape from lan to router but only In ingress qdisc what is not a
good idea.
If you want prevent your lan users from uploading too much you can limit
your outgoing traffic on dev eth0.

> Thanks
>

> P.S.: sorry for my very bad english :)
>
> ############# script #########
>
> /*
>  *Simply tcng traffic control file.
>
>  */
>
> #define INTERFACE eth1
>
> dev INTERFACE {
>                 egress {
>
>                         class( <$p2p> )
>                         if tcp_sport == 4662
>                         if udp_sport == 4672
>                         if udp_sport == 4666
>                         if tcp_sport == 6882
>                         if tcp_sport == 6346
>
>                         class ( <$ftp> )
>                         if tcp_sport == 21
>                         if tcp_sport == 22 || ip_tos_delay == 1
>                         if tcp_sport == 6667 || tcp_dport == 7000;
>
>                         class ( <$def> )
>                         if 1 ;
>
>                         htb () {
>                                 class ( rate 256kbps, ceil 256kbps ) {
>                 $p2p   = class ( rate  56kbps, ceil 128kbps ) { sfq; } ;
>                 $ftp   = class ( rate  56kbps, ceil 128kbps ) { sfq; } ;
>                $def   = class ( rate  256kbps, ceil 256kbps ) { sfq; } ;
>                                      }
>                                 }
>
>                         }
>               }

>  --
>  Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: http://www.email.it/f
>
>  Sponsor:
>  Digitalpix: Il metodo piy comodo, veloce e conveniente
> * per stampare le tue foto digitali migliori.
>  Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1523&d=14-5

Traffic shaper using iptables and tc-HTB.
Ist-shaper (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ist-shaper/)