newbie

Hi all,

After posting some emails here and googling in the net. I have now a little clarity where and how to start bandwidth Management.
Hope I can still be guided though.

My understanding is I will be needing these modules and linux utilities. I hope someone can confirm.
1. I need to  use iptables/ebtables for packet marking.
2. I can use tc for packet shaping.
3. I can use bwm_ng for bandwidth monitoring.
4. I need these modules in loaded into the kernel. CBQ, HTB, modules.
5. I need to create some configuration for CBQ/HTB.

Without these configuration or init scripts, i wont be able to use tc since it is  using cbq/htb?
Is there still more things I'm missing.
Thanks for the patience. I am really new to this utilities.

Grace