Re: IP Tunneling

phonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello
If I understand OpenVPN's "routed" mode correct, I can't use the tunnel to
browse the net, use irc or run an e-mail server. I set up a routed tunnel
a few days ago, and all I got was a tunnel between the two computers with
local addresses (10.0.0.0-style).

You should be able to route through any tunnel as your default assuming a couple of things: 1) You have a route for the tunnel traffic to reach the other tunnel endpoint. 2) You set your default route to be something on the other end of the tunnel. 3) The other end of the tunnel will allow your traffic to pass through and out to the internet. A lot of firewalls will not allow traffic out to the internet and back if it is from a subnet that is not directly attached to the system the firewall is running on. Seeing as how this is a firewall config issue it is really not that much of one unless you can't get the other end reconfiged to suit your needs.

Grant. . . .