Von: Andy Furniss [mailto:andy.furniss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. April 2005 00:30
An: Grames Gernot
Cc: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [LARTC] Activate ingress policies on suse ent erpr ise serv er 9

Grames Gernot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem is this is my goal to use the policier and not the iptables.
> Because with the policier i think you can give more rules and restrictions
> to the incoming tcpip traffic.

You can limit with iptables aswell as drop.

> So I would prefer to use the policier and not the iptables.

I just looked and AFAICT you will need a newer kernel than the 2.6.5
that your suse is using maybe suse do a more recent one - I don't know
about doing kernels on suse - you'll have to see suse docs or ask on a
suse group about doing kernels as you haven't done it before.

The option that you need selected after doing a make menuconfig is
packet actions in Qos and/or fair queuing under networking options under
networking support under Device drivers.

When you select that you can then select policing actions and it will be
the new policer.

I don't know where your current config is - but try and find it and use
it as a base when doing a new kernel - you can load it from the make
menuconfig menus.

Andy.