Re: Strange pings.

tc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I can't give 255 kbit to icmp traffic :) But for me 4kbit seems to be enough. On testing environment it works fine. But on "real" configuration
the pings are still too long. I wonder if one-level configuration (with just one root qdisc) would give
better latency.

I don't know - but I tested with just one root.

PPS. Is it possible to create a filter that will match all packets?

I don't know about all, but all per protocol like -

.. protocol ip prio 10 u32 match u32 0 0 ..
.. protocol arp prio 11 u32 match u32 0 0 ..

It works ok for me, but only with prio 0.

FWIW prio 1 is the highest for filters 0 is highest for htb.

If you set 0 you end up with a really high pref  - have a look with

tc -s filter ls dev ....

What prio to use depends on what you want, the 10 and 11 are meaningless really unless you have other filters and order matters so the match all can become match all the packets that didn't match a higher prio filter.

Andy.