Re: Suspicious Attachment

If 554 is not the right reply for such a message, what would be a better
way to indicate that the message is concidered utacceptable by my
server?
If it is the best reply, what should I do to avoid being kicked off the
list because my mail server doesn't say "that's fine with me" when it
gets sent a virus message?

Sorry for replying to an offtopic thread, but since the virus problem
is apparently known here I figured someone might be able to tell me the
correct way to handle such situations.

Personally, I think it would be a very good thing for any system that
distributes e-mail, especially one that multiplies it as well like a
mailing list does, to refuse distributing content that is clearly of a
malicious nature, to avoid increasing the size of the problem.

The list received at at least 19 messages in 6 days, with at LEAST one message in a 24 hour period. I have not see any viral emails from Wilson in over 24 hours sense I sent the email to the abuse contact in Who Is for the subnet that his IP was coming from. Maybe my request to have him clean his system via the abuse contact did some good (http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2005q2/015613.html). Time will tell. Or who knows, Wilson may have had his computer turned off in that time too. I do know that all the emails were being sent with the same source email address and name. All that was changing was the IP that it was coming from, which is in a dynamic dial up pool so this is to be expected.

Grant. . . .