Wondershaper 1.1a bandwidth speed test gives me uplink speed instead of downlink

I have been testing wondershaper 1.1a with htb.

DOWNLINK=2304
UPLINK=1024
DEV=wlan0

No other changes have been made, except to comment out the 2 lines to
allow the script to run.

When I do a speed test from sites like www.toast.net/performance, I only
get speeds equal to my UPLINK speed.  I expected a speed closer to the
DOWNLINK.  Am I missing something here?

TIA,
--
-Wes Hegge