Re: LOADBALANCING+BRIDGING---is it possible on the same machine??

I have a linux box running with three NIC's, I have used brctl tool to configure this box as a bridge, i have given it ONE logical ipaddres, Every thing is working fine, but now i am required to configure the same bridge as a LOAD BALANCER....
On some googling i found the following link

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

This HOWTO requires me to have one ip address for each NIC, while i dont in my case...
Now, is BRIDGING+LOAD BALANCING possibe on the same machine???

Are you trying to load balance on the IP / routing level or on the physical ethernet level? What are you trying to load balance in and out from? Did you bridge your interfaces together to allow your services to run on one (virtual) bridge interface in the hopes to get more aggregate bandwidth out of the box or did you bridge your interfaces to join three separate physical networks? If it is the former and you are trying to get more aggregate bandwidth, take a look at Bonding (Cisco EtherChannel).

Grant. . . .