Re: Games and QOS on share connection line

Ludek Horak wrote:
Ludek Horak wrote:

What do you think about this configuration? Do you know better setting for gaming traffic on share connection line? I'd like to know your opinions. I'm appreciating your comments.

I wouldn't send interactive type traffic to sfq - perturb causes packet reordering, it's meant for bulk traffic really.

Are the 2/2 and 4/4 internet link - you are OK for bandwidth on wireless?

Andy.

Would you be more specific? I understand that sfq is not the best. Should I create interactive class with pfifo queue discipline

I would - in a way it doesn't matter that much as you should hope to have rates high enough so that interactive doesn't queue anyway.

and what about parent class? Leave it sfq?

Bulk traffic classes are OK for sfq - parent class doesn't have qdisc only leafs.

Our bandwith is fine and 2/2 is guaranteed internet link.

OK - do you shape incoming aswell.

Andy.