Re: Problem with HTB Installation

ptitoliv wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I am trying to install thz HTB queue on my Debian Woody. I compiled a
> 2.6.9 Kernel with the good configuration for HTB.
>
> The kernel is booting correctly but I can't use HTB queue with tc.
>
> I have this error message.
>
> gatekeeper:~# tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 90
> RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
>
> I have check my logs and found this message :
>
> Apr 10 23:14:21 gatekeeper kernel: HTB init, kernel part version 3.17
> Apr 10 23:14:21 gatekeeper kernel: HTB: need tc/htb version 3 (minor is
> 17), you
>  have 10

It looks to me like perhaps your tc is too old (I'm not quite sure how
to interpret HTB's kernel message about versions). If nobody tells you
something better, then you should try using a newer version of tc.

Choose an option:

1. Install the Debian iproute package and its dependencies from Sarge or
Sid.

2. Download the Debian iproute source from Sarge/Sid and make your own
Debian package.

3. Download the iproute2 source from
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/iproute2/
and compile it yourself.

Note that what Debian calls "iproute" is actually "iproute2".

-Corey