Re: ADSL overhead patch

Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

Hmm, I just googled/looked at Ed Wildgoose's patch, and I is not correct/precise. You can read why my patch is correct/precise in Section 6.1.2 of the Thesis (which gives a description of the patch).

Yes it was always not quite perfect - but it was safe - a cell too safe Ed knew this.

I just made one for UK like you do it - but nowhere near as comprehensivly - It doesnt do mpu/overhead as just assumes you already hacked whatever calls rtab to be aal5_len - 1, which as you say is just one line in htb.

Mine is for UK pppoatm but if you know your overheads it's easy to modify - Do you? there are tables in the doc linked to.

In Chapter 5, I have tried to summarize the different types of encapsulation methods and their according overheads, for easy reference.

Is is still a problem figuring out, which type of encapsulation your specific ADSL connection is using...

Yes I agree it can look confusing, life is easier if like me you have a modem that gives a cell count and a quiet link. It's just a case of sending various sized pings then.