Re: ppp+vpn+htb

mail.cat-net.co.yu wrote:
please, help, i have build vpn server (suse 9 + poptop), i have managed to implement tc htb in ip-up script, but every client has own ppp interface (ppp0, ppp1, ppp2...), and my idea is to share available bandwidth, not to limit connection,

how to build root tc rule, when I have more then one interface?... please any one width experiance

regards

You may be able to do it on ethx by marking or classifying in forward/postrouting and hoping the marks survive encapsulation. I've never tried so don't know.

If that fails there is also a chance you can do it with IMQ or the dummy device (You will need to build a 2.6 and use a different dummy.c I don't think the new one is in kernel yet).

Andy.