Re: These tc commands used to work... what's broken them?

George Adams wrote:
> I have a Gentoo Linux (kernel 2.6.11) server.  Several months ago, I
> made a traffic shaping setup for my box (running a 2.4 kernel then)
> that worked beautifully.  It gave high priority to SSH and RealAudio
> traffic, and put HTTP downloading traffic on a lower prio so they could
> only use what bandwidth was left.

I'm not familiar with Gentoo or dsmark so I can only give you a very
general answer. Someone else might know more.

Try compiling iproute2 from http://developer.osdl.org/dev/iproute2/. You
 don't necessarily need to 'make install'; just test by running the new
tc binary in the source tree.

Try compiling a vanilla kernel from http://www.kernel.org/, if you
aren't running one already.

Try various combinations and see if you can find one that works. You
want to determine if this is a Gentoo-specific problem. If it is, you
should report your bug to the respective Gentoo package maintainer(s).
If it isn't a Gentoo problem, you can report it upstream to whomever it
concerns.

-Corey