RE: Tools to get current bandwidth of queue or speed rate?

> <snip>
> > Thank you for your kindly response
> > Another question.
> > How can I flush the value of throughput reported by "tc -s qdisc
show
> > dev eth0" command.
> > My meaning is how to make the value of throughput restored to the
> > zero(0).
>
> The only way I know to do that is to delete the whole structure
with`tc qdisc
> del ...` and then recreate it.  If anyone else has a better way to
zero out
> qdisc statistics I'd be curious to know.

> I just reapply my script that sets up the queues. The first line in my
scripts is tc qdisc del root dev $e I have a service 'bridge' that
configures the bridge, then it calls shape.eth0.sh and shape.eth1.sh.
This way I can  tweak the shaping and run the scripts without restarting
the bridge. I havn't noticed any impact of doing this, so I guess that
any packets in queues when the queues are deleted just get sent (I've
run the scripts during video conferences with no noticeable impact).

You mean you have applied your script. But I don't see the "script".
Another question is we are trying to zero out qdisc statistic (make the
value of throughput restored to the zero).
And your reply seems not related to the topic :)

Vincent