Problems after Kernel upgrade to 2.6.10

Greetings,

I have been reading the list for a little while now, but this is the first
occasion I have had to post--of course, because of a problem.  My problems
began when I upgraded my RedHat 9 system to 2.6.10 from source.  Aside from
some other booting issues and things, all of which appear to be resolved,
the only things NOT working are my scripts for traffic control.  I get a
whole host of errors when I try to run them, and I can't go line by line and
manually add anything either.  I'm including the script I'm trying to use
below; it's for CBQ, obviously, but I have another for HTB that I'd like to
use once I get this figured out.  The script below WAS working until my
kernel upgrade.  Oh, and I did upgrade modtools, mod-init, etc. to the
latest versions, as well as iproute2.

The errors I get, when I run the script below, are these (the HTB script
gives similar errors):

--------------------------- snip -------------------------
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
We have an error talking to the kernel

--------------------------- snip -------------------------
#!/bin/bash

DOWNLINK=2800
UPLINK=230
DEV=eth0
DEV2=eth1

# Clean existing
        tc qdisc del dev $DEV root #2 > /dev/null > /dev/null
        tc qdisc del dev $DEV ingress #2 > /dev/null > /dev/null

# Install root CBQ
        tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: cbq avpkt 1000 bandwidth
100mbit
        #tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: cbq avpkt 64 bandwidth 3mbit

# Main Class
        tc class add dev $DEV parent 1: classid 1:1 cbq rate ${UPLINK}kbit \
        allot 1500 prio 5 bounded isolated

# High priority class 1:10
        tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:10 cbq rate ${UPLINK}kbit
\
        allot 1600 prio 1 avpkt 1000

# Bulk and default class 1:20
        tc class add dev $DEV parent 1:1 classid 1:20 cbq rate \
        $[9*$UPLINK/10]kbit allot 1600 prio 2 avpkt 1000

# Give both Stochastic Fairness
        tc qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:10 handle 10: sfq perturb 10
        tc qdisc add dev $DEV parent 1:20 handle 20: sfq perturb 10

# Start filters
      # TOS Minimum delay
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
        match ip tos 0x10 0xff flowid 1:10
      # ICMP
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 11 u32 \
        match ip protocol 1 0xff flowid 1:10

# Speed up downloads - ACKs in interactive class
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1: protocol ip prio 12 u32 \
        match ip protocol 6 0xff \
        match u8 0x05 0x0f at 0 \
        match u16 0x0000 0xffc0 at 2 \
        match u8 0x10 0xff at 33 \
        flowid 1:10

# Some things to speed up (or slow down)
        # VONAGE
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 1 \
                handle 1 fw flowid 1:10
        # SSH
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 2 \
                handle 2 fw flowid 1:10
        # World of Warcraft
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 3 \
                handle 3 fw flowid 1:10
        # TeamSpeak
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 4 \
                handle 4 fw flowid 1:10
        # Shareaza
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 14 \
                handle 20 fw flowid 1:20

# The rest is non-interactive (bulk) and goes to 1:20
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent 1: protocol ip prio 13 u32 \
        match ip dst 0.0.0.0/0 flowid 1:20

# Downlink stuff
        tc qdisc add dev $DEV handle ffff: ingress
        tc filter add dev $DEV parent ffff: protocol ip prio 50 u32 match \
        ip src 0.0.0.0/0 police rate ${DOWNLINK}kbit burst 10k drop flowid
:1