Re: please guide me ...with regard to multipath dynamic routing in case of link failure

So you have to write a daemon to ping the remote gateway, and if ping fails, the daemon will remove that nexthop from the multipath route. The dead gateway detection patch can't help you in this case.
That's why I created this project, download and run it, and everything solved, it's lack of documentation, so you're welcome to write it in the Wiki.
http://selab.edu.ms/twiki/bin/view/Networking/RoutesKeeperProject

Pankaj Agarwal wrote:

Hi,

There's some very silly mistake i've done in my configuration. I did by reading material on web. I'm enclosing my configuration script below. The problem is its not routing the trafic from other interface in case the first interface is down....which should be the wright case. Kindly please guide me what i can do to make it work..dynamically.. Also there is a very common situation which many of you might have face...the interface which is gateway for my device is my local router interface...and there's almost no chance of that's being down ever...How can one configure ip route to consider the ISP ends IP as the gateway when deciding on link status...

Thanks,

Pankaj Agarwal