ANNOUNCE: LQL# 0.8.0 and LQL 0.8.0

******
* Since LARTC is not an announcement list I will not be posting
* all release announcements here.  LQL has been through several
* releases since the initial announcement and LQL-Sharp is
* something completely new which will hopefully be of interest to
* many of the people subscribed to LARTC.
******

That's right! Yes, yes, yes. You can now control the QoS features of the
Linux kernel from a high level language.  LQL-Sharp provides a Mono (C#)
binding to all of the methods in the LQL library.

To show just how easy LQL-Sharp makes manipulating the Linux QoS
features I threw together a small demo GUI application last night. Check
it out.
http://www.coverfire.com/archives/2005/02/04/lql-htb-widget/

What's that?  You don't like C#?  Well you can use LQL-Sharp with any
language supported by Mono.

I don't like Mono you say?  Well that's OK too.  All QoS elements in LQL
are implemented as GObjects [1].  This means it is easy to create
language bindings to just about any language you like.  Native Python
bindings should not take more than a couple of days.  I would be happy
to offer help to anyone wishing to pursue bindings to their favourite
language.

---------------------------
- LQL-Sharp 0.8.0 (http://www.coverfire.com/lql-sharp/)
---------------------------
LQL-Sharp provides Mono (C#) bindings to the LQL library.

0.8.0:
 * First public release.
 * Supports all of the features in LQL 0.8.0.

---------------------------
- LQL 0.8.0 (http://www.coverfire.com/lql/)
---------------------------
The Linux QoS Library (LQL) provides a GPL licensed, GObject based C API
to manipulate the network queueing disciplines, classes and classifiers
in the Linux kernel. LQL does not use the TC command as a back-end.
Instead, LQL communicates with the Linux kernel via Netlink sockets the
same way TC does.

0.8.0:
 * API changes to accommodate the Mono (C#) bindings.
 * Make "mark" a proper property of LQLClassifierFWMark.
 * Documentation for the TCIndex methods.

[1] - http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gobject/index.html

--
OpenPGP key: http://www.coverfire.com/files/pubkey.txt
Key fingerprint: FB0A 2D8A A1E9 11B6 6CA3  0C53 742A 9EA8 891C BD98