Re: Issue with using using tc api

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 00:42:52 +0800
"sanjeev ravindran" <sanjeev_ravindran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I'm trying to call the tc_qdisc_modify function of tc in iproute2/tc. I could compile it with my stub program and got the executable. However, when i try to create an htb qdisc i get the following error : Unknown qdisc "htb", hence option "default" is unparsable
>
> However, if i use the tc tool, it works fine.. When I tried to understand the problem, it appeared to be failing of dlopen to load the module.. But when i use tc tool, it loads this module..

Tc command is hard to understand because it supports using dynamic libraries to add new queue disciplines.
To find a queue discipline it first looks for q_XXX.so then opens it's own text with dlopen() and finds the
necessary table hooks.  This kind of dynamic binding is uncommon in C code, but allows for extensibility.

Normally tc has most queue discipline support (ie q_htb) linked into the command directly, but
you could build q_htb.so standalone as well.