Re: Sessionbased traffic on NANO?

Hi!

Steen Suder wrote:
I use the wellknown nano setup (by Christoph Simon) on a few sites with success.

From time to time a user approaches me with problems that seems to originate from the fact that only trafic to the samt DST IP on the net will get out the same link.

The problem happens with traffic from applications that contact different IPs in the "same session".

An example is Anarchy Online, where the the client contacts a new IP during game login and, hence, this traffic gets out over a new link. In that second the game clients connection to the servers are lost.

There exist other examples, but it's always the same issue.

I know that this issue has been brought up on several occasions, but I have found no solutions to this "simple" issue.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to handle this, besides "nailing" the traffic to a specific uplink, based on DST PORT?

,,Nail'' the traffic of the specific user's computer using routing based on his/her source ip address (policy routing).

For icq, see my previos post.

I think there is no generally useful solution.

BTW. There are games that let only one player from a private (nat-ed) network.

--
Udv,
  Nandor