routing concepts in Linux than I have who'd like to help out with the
project.

The overall goals are:
#1 to make advanced routing and traffic shaping very easy for those
just getting started
#2 allow admins to easily backup or restore multiple versions of an
entire linux router's configuration (fw, routing, traffic shaping,
interface settings etc) via a single text file, much like a cisco
router
#3 make it all pretty enough that the nontechnical CIO types say "wow"
and let us use linux routers in production more often.

The current system is a collection of perl CGI scripts and a
background process that keeps an eye on things.  It supports high
availability via the heartbeat project and uses Julian Anastasov's
kernel patches to support load balanced routing with dead gateway
detection.  The background process can start a dialup connection if
all other connections have failed.
rrdtool is used to generate lots of pretty graphs locally, and the
system supports snmp and zabbix remote monitoring.

If you're interested (and especially if you'd like to help!) please
check out the project page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kdtrg/

thanks
-Aaron