Shaping the sum of in/out traffic (IMQ?)

Hello,

does anyone have a working solution for the shaping both incoming and
outgoing traffic in such way, that for a given class the sum of incoming
and outgoing traffic is specified?

My ISP does the same thing, it gives me just a line of a defined rate,
no matter the traffic direction (i.e. here is the line, the clock speed
is 1024kbps, do what you want).

I'm a litte bit familiar with HTB on Linux, my download shaping works
fine. However, I would like to shape both incoming+outgoing traffic in a
way that the sum of actual outgoing and incoming rates of all classes
would be always below the ISP's line speed in order to shaping get
working.

In other words, I would like to split the ISP's line into a bunch of
hierarchical "virtual" lines with traffic borrowing and other features
like HTB does for download, but with total (in+out) rates.

Maybe something like IMQ would work, but unfortunately I have found no
example for that situation.

Any ideas?

Jan Rovner