Shaping the sum of incoming and outgoing traffic

Hello,

does anyone have a working solution for the shaping both incoming and
outgoing traffic in such
way, that for a given client the *sum* of incoming and outgoing traffic
is somehow defined?

My ISP does the same thing, it gives me just a line of a defined rate,
no matter the traffic
direction (i.e. here is your line, the clock speed is 1024kbps, do what
you want).

I'm a litte bit familiar with HTB, my download shaping works fine.
However, I would like shape
both incoming+outgoing traffic in a way that the sum of actual outgoing
and incoming rates
of all my clients would be always below the ISP's line speed in order to
shaping get working.

In other words, I would like to split the ISP's line into a bunch of
hierarchical "virtual" lines
with traffic borrowing etc. like HTB does for download, but with defined
*total* rates (i.e. dear
customer, here is your 128kbps line, do what you want).

What can I do with HTB is to shape incoming and traffic separately
(somehow to virtually split
the line for upload/download with limited speeds), but this is not the
way I would like it to be, since
would like to get the line used as effective as possible.

Maybe something like IMQ would work, but unfortunately I have found no
example for
that solution.

Any ideas?

Jan Rovner