How to manage relatively internet bandwidth while don't know specific input internet bandwidth ?

Hello,

My organization has a LAN network and the LAN is connected to internet by a Cisco router.

internet -------| Cisco router |------ LAN

(The cisco router can not be replaced by a linux router, I think, because the LAN has more

than 1000 computers.)

LAN network is divided into some sub networks. I have to relatively manage internet

bandwidth (between applications and between computers ) at these sub-networks using linux

router .

               internet
                  |            ------------> bandwidth here is known.
            cisco router
             /      |      \  ....
           /        |        \  ----------------> I don't know internet bandwidth of each sub network
         linux   linux    ......
        router  router
       sub      sub         .....
   network    network   .....

My problem is  I don't know the internet bandwidth of each sub network.

Can you give me some suggestion about schemes I can use in  a linux router  (what qdisc, ... ).

Thank in advance,

nhgiang

Do you Yahoo!?