Re: does the inbound traffic affect the outbound on 2 different interfaces

Sujith Chennupati wrote:
hey guys

    i am regulating the traffic to & fro by my network through a
linux gateway , its behaving strange. i regulated Downlink to 2Mbps &
UPlLINK to 500Kbps. both perform well when those are done independent
i.e. one at a time

but when i do both from a client system ..the downlink however
continues at 2mbps but the uplink falls down to 100kbps?

You probably need to priorotise empty acks in each direction.

is something wrong with my script or is there some other reason to explain this ?????

I've never used CBQ so can't really say, you could do the same thing with HTB.

Andy.