wonder shaper and vsftp

I have a linux server connecto into a 100mps LAN, i
use iptables implementation of shorewall
(shorewall.net) and then I used the wondershaper.

When I adjusted the values below, I got a download
speed for vsftp at a whooping 1187.91 KB/s but a
upload speed is only a painful 27 KB/s.

I dont fully understand the underpinng codes behind
the wondershaper htb stuff. can someone guide me on
how can i increase my ftp upload speed?

Note: when i disble the firewall, i get a very slow
download and upload speed at around 20 KB/s or slower.
When I try to enable the firewall and then disable the
traffic shaping, I also got a slow download and
upload, so I guess the wonder shaper is really doing
its job.

here's a snip from my wonder shaper file
#!/bin/bash
# Wonder Shaper
# please read the README before filling out these
values
#
# Set the following values to somewhat less than your
actual download
# and uplink speed. In kilobits. Also set the device
that is to be shaped.

DOWNLINK=8192
UPLINK=8192
DEV=eth0

Happy holidays to all. Thanks in advance

xorprime

=====
Kinchan Cepillo
a.k.a xorprime